Download the Issue 2 – March 2015 Issue 2 – 2015-1
INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF SPELEOLOGY IN ARTIFICIAL CAVITIES
Italy, Rome, March 11/17, 2015 – http://hypogea2015.hypogea.it
International Union of Speleology
Società Speleologica Italiana
Parco Regionale dei Castelli Romani
Società Italiana Geologia Applicata
CNR – Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
IRPI – Istituto Ricerca e Protezione Idrogeologica
CNCA – Commissione Nazionale Cavità Artificiali
OPERA IPOGEA – Journal of Speleology in Artificial Cavities
Associazione Scintilena – Speleological News
Blog Rome Insider
Associazione Culturale Subterranea
Gruppo Speleo Archeologico Vespertilio
Gruppo Storico Romano
Web site: hypogea2015.hypogea.it
The main objective of the congress is to exchange the experience acquired, both at international and national level, in the field of speleological and speleo-underwater research of artificial hypogea (man-made underground structures of archaeological-historical interest), and to promote the preservation of subterranean historical and cultural heritage.
The congress will focus on international thematic sessions dealing with the speleological research undertaken during shared archaeological field missions; international standards in place including the adoption of cartographic symbols and a dictionary; the newly established Web site (UIS) linking to the Registry of Artificial Cavities and the comparison between different typologies of artificial hypogea, which have been extensively studied. Other thematic sessions include an overview of the legislation in different countries, potential scaling up of internationally important Italian projects on hypogea, such as the Map of Ancient Aqueducts and the magazine Opera Ipogea – Journal of Speleology in Artificial Cavities.
- Mario PARISE – Italy (CNR-IRPI, Bari; President of Artificial Cavities Commission UIS)
- Kyung Sik WOO – The Republic of Korea (President UIS; Department of Geology, College of Natural Sciences, Kangwon National University)
- George VENI – USA (Vice President UIS; NCKRI Executive Director National Cave and Karst Research Institute, Carlsbad, New Mexico)
- Fadi NADER – Lebanon/France (General Secretary UIS; Geologist; IFP Energie nouvelles, Geosciences Division, Geology)
- Mladen GARAŠIČ – Croatia (University of Zagreb, Faculty of Civil Engineering; Society for research, surveying and filming on Karst Phenomena /DISKF/, Zagreb; Croatian Speleological Federation)
- Philipp HÄUSELMANN – Switzerland (Swiss Institute for Speleology and Karst studies, UIS working group survey and mapping)
- Boaz ZISSU – Israel (Bar-Ilan University, Martin (Szusz) Department of Land of Israel Studies and Archaeology; Artificial Cavities Commission UIS)
- Michele BETTI – Italy (President of Commissione Nazionale Cavità Artificiali of Società Speleologica Italiana; PhD to the Università degli Studi di Urbino ‘Carlo Bo’)
- Roberto BIXIO – Italy (Hon. Inspector for Artificial Cavities – MiBACT; Artificial Cavities Commission UIS; President of Centro Studi Sotterranei, Genoa)
- Vittoria CALOI – Italy (CNR, Grottaferrata; Egeria Centro Ricerche Sotterranee, Rome; Commissione Nazionale Cavità Artificiali SSI)
- Sossio DEL PRETE – Italy (Geologist; Editor-in-chief of Opera Ipogea – Journal of Speleology in Artificial Cavities, Caserta; Commissione Nazionale Cavità Artificiali SSI
- Andrea DE PASCALE – Italy (Archaeologist; Curator of Museo Archeologico del Finale IISL, Finale Ligure; Commissione Nazionale Cavità Artificiali SSI; Centro Studi Sotterranei, Genoa
- Carla GALEAZZI – Italy (Secretary of Artificial Cavities Commission UIS; Commissione Nazionale Cavità Artificiali SSI; President of Hypogea; Egeria Centro Ricerche Sotterranee, Rome)
- Mario MAZZOLI – Italy (General Manager A.S.S.O., Rome)
- Adriano MORABITO – Italy (President of Roma Sotterranea, Rome)
- Roberto NINI – Italy (Archaeologist; Utec/Subterranea, Narni)
- Cristiano RANIERI – Italy (Archaeologist; Gruppo Speleo Archeologico Vespertilio, Salisano)
- Stefano SAJ – Italy (Architect; Centro Studi Sotterranei, Genoa; Director of Opera Ipogea – Journal of Speleology in Artificial Cavities; Commissione Nazionale Cavità Artificiali SSI
- Simone SANTUCCI – Italy (Roma Sotterranea, Rome)
A.S.S.O – EGERIA CENTRO RICERCHE SOTTERRANEE – ROMA SOTTERRANEA
Carla Galeazzi, President (Egeria Centro Ricerche Sotterranee)
Massimo D’Alessandro (A.S.S.O.)
Luigi Manna (Gruppo Speleologico Cudinipuli)
Marco Vitelli (A.S.S.O.)
Elena Volpini (Roma Sotterranea)
We propose to collect for our Newsletter all information that relates to the following three main types of activities:
1. Meeting/Congress in relation with artificial caves. We should cover both international and national meetings
2. Publications Periodical publications : Journals, review, … Stand alone publications: Books, proceedings of congress and symposium, … Internet publications: papers, …
For all these publication, an overview of the table of content and/or an abstract would be welcome. In addition, if possible, it would be convenient to also receive an English translation of the main items discussed in these publications. However, if you are not able to provide such a translation please do not hesitate to send your information in your national language anyway.
3. Exhibitions and other activities Expositions, other activities than those identified under the first item.
These categories could be amended according to the information/news we will receive.
Regarding the frequency of publication, in order to stay up to date, we propose to start with a publication of our newsletter twice a year. The frequency might be revised later in according to information we receive.
C. Action required
We invite all of you to provide us with information that should be published in our newsletter by email <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thank you very much for your contribution!